"They say that each hour of sleep BEFORE midnight is worth 2 hours of sleep AFTER midnight." From Heal Thyself!
I regularly don't get to bed til AFTER midnight, even though at around 9pm I could collapse in a heap and just sleep where I am. Once I have gotten past that stage I then get a second wind, but to do what? Nothing of importance really, iron clothes, do dishes, read a book, but mostly watch some T.V. and not to use it to unwind, coz the things I watch are documentaries that I am interested in, or something where you need to pay attention like Fringe, even my 'normal' telly isn't great for winding down of an evening; Revolution, Vampire Diaries, Nashville, Once Upon a Time... nothing in that lot to ease you into sleep. If I read, I find myself reading through the wee small hours.
So I am sort of joining Heal Thyself! in their 10 days of 10pm bed times.
My challenge is to try:
- Aim for 20 nights of getting to bed before midnight (bonus points for 10 pm).
- No electronics from 9pm.
- Showers in the morning only.
- Blog daily of how I am doing
- - Giving me the weekends off, although I do intend to continue this at the weekends, it’s just this is day 4 of November and I don’t want to start this as a failure and not reach my targets for November.
- - Electronic devices except the TV. I will only be watching programmes that I have pre-recorded. So if I miss it; I miss it, unless I remember to catch it on Catch Up. No watching anything new after 9/9.30.
- - To wake me up better. And stop me going to bed with damp hair.
- – To get me back in the habit of daily blogging/writing down how I am – diary style.
By the end of November I hope that my mood is a lot better, I find myself easy to snap, and poor Lyle is normally the one I am snapping at, for no fault of his own. He is just being himself. I hope my depression is better. I have found myself in tears over nothing a few times lately, my house is messy, I am still putting on weight. Routine is the aim. bed early, hopefully means up at reasonable hour, get more organised, and maybe start fitting in some time for exercise – but that is for Decembers challenge, I need Novembers to go good and start it all off.