Friday 8 November 2013

Night 2, 3 and 4

Night 2 - failed miserably. got to bed just after midnight.

Night 3 - Was in bed back of 11. I watched The Cruel Cut on Channel 4. How horrendous are people?  mutalating genitles in the name of 'keeping someone clean'. I did not get my hour of no wifi as I was writing about #stopFGM.
I'll put it out there now.
I AM AGAINST ANY FORM OF MUTILATION BY ANYONE OVER ANYONE ELSE.
NO MATTER THE REASON*.
IF YOU ARE A PARENT AND YOU WANT YOUR CHILD TO BE CLEAN, SHOW THEM GOOD HYGIENE.
YOU WANT YOUR DAUGHTER TO BE PURE? TEACH HER HOW TO RESPECT HERSELF, HOW TO BE CONFIDENT IN HER OWN BODY.
RELIGOUS REASONS? MY FUCKING ARSE!
Let your child come to the decision to follow that part of the religion themselves. Let them decide to cut off a part of their body when they are fully formed adults.

*no matter the reason? Medical reasons are exempt from my rant. Generally that is a very last resort, and after everything else has been tried. That is not a parent/communitys warped idea of what is 'clean', 'pure', and/or a way of showing your 'religous devotions/faith'.

Rant is not over. Please sign the petition for the United Kingdoms of Great Britain to help those in Britain.

"Despite increased activities around FGM recently, we’re still failing to effectively stop this form of child abuse. We have multi-agency guidelines here that are not statutory and very little is practically being done at local level. Funding is minimal and noone is monitoring the situation or holding anyone to account, so let’s push the Home Office to take responsibility for drawing up and enforcing a National Strategy and Action Plan to eliminate FGM in the UK"  From the Article on Channel 4 OD page to watch The Cruel Cut
You could save a girl – and every signature counts. Sign the petition at http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/52740

The British Government send ££££MILLIONS£££ to help those in other countries but very little in the UK, works out around £2 per girl and that is only bsed on the figures of 24 thousand 'at risk' girls. Does not include the girls who are sent to the UK to have it done because the laws are actually enforced in European countires near us. Like France actually check the girls out to see if it has happened.
Is that too extreme?
Not when those girls are at risk of having everything sliced off and sewn back up so that they are left with a tiny hole to pee from, to menstruate from. To give birth from.

When these 'clean' girls grow up and are married most of them have to be cut so that their husbands can have sex with them. Yes re-cut. Some are taken to a doctor for that to happen, others it is their husbands 'job'.

Night 4 - I was practically falling alseep on the couch after dinner. I went to bed back of 9 and was wide awake! I read a bit of my book and put it away at half 10 and was out for the count almost immediately!
I read this on my facebook this morning; The dangers of sleep deprivation.
Little snippet from this infographic.
Late Night Aftermath
  • Decreased Alretness
  • Cognative Impairment
  • Increased Stress
  • Increased appetite
Increased appetite leads to obesity leads to a multitude of health problems. See how it is all related?




Tonight Lyle is planning a dress up night to watch Kick Ass. He has decided I have to dress up as a baby and he is going to be Iron Man. I don't know what Frued would make of that, and I don't care, I am getting to spend a random Friday night with my son, in a way that he wants to! 


No comments:

Post a Comment